Sunday 28 September 2014

Research On Ansel Adams

Ansel Adams:

The thing I like about Ansel Adams is his unique ability to inject so much drama in his images.  He does wait for the best sky's and the right time of day to get the shadows right but every photo has dark and light areas but his images take this to a new level. What I find inspiring about his works is he always manages to get such a range of tones that appear to be unachievable by other photographers. His black and white landscapes are just amazing.


The thing I really like about this photo is it looks like the mountain is being eaten by the cloud. It looks like a bomb blast. I also like the contrast between the movement of the sky and the stillness of the mountain.
In this photo I like how the shadow of a cloud is making its way across the canyon and there are only a few areas that still have light reaching them.
In this photo I like how the lake looks like mercury and the mountain look like they are shrouded in mist.
In this photo I like how the sky looks like a stormy sea above the mountain and how the contrast of black and white make the mountain  look bigger then it is.
Ansel Adams is very good at using tone to show the detail. This goes against what the viewer would think because we would think that you can't have much detail without colour but somehow proves us wrong because he mange to show the detail of the landscapes in his photos.

This photographer has influenced me in to trying to get as much detail as possible without using colour. I have tried this with lots of my photos to see if they work and have posted what I think are the best photos. He is also very good at getting the overall feel of the image and how you would feel if you were there.I have used this in my work by making an image of a landscape into black and white and showing more detail that can only be found in black and white like Ansel Adams images.

This photographer is very good at managing to capture the raw strutter and layout of a natural beauty and still some how does that even though most of his work except for when he experimented with colour is in black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment