Sunday 5 October 2014

Work Diary - Colour

Evaluation:
The thing I enjoyed while doing this subject was I got to find new and creative ways of finding colour and showing it in my images. I also like how I could edit my photos and create a new type of photo by using the images I had.
I really like the strong contrast in colour between the green leaves and the orange of the berries. I like the way the light really lights the berries up. If I were to shoot this again I think I would go in really close and isolate just a small bunch an may be shoot from more unusual angles.

What I like about this photo is the main focal point of the photo is the red poppy flower in the middle, which is exaggerated by the background colours of the green and the brown dirt. The contrast is so big it really makes the single poppy stand out.

Progression:
If I were to continue with this type of photography I would like to try using selective colour as I think this technique is really strong. To do this the composition is the key to a good image. 


In this image the umbrella is already the focal point of the shot. I think the colour in the umbrella was added afterwards using masks in photoshop. Them it was saturated to give such a strong look.
It looks like the photographer has placed a series of coloured strips of card in the background and then shot the water reflecting this. If you look closely you can see the reflection in the water drops. The shutter speed would need to be fast in this freeze the drops in mid air. Then I think the photographer turned up the saturation when editing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment