Wednesday 1 October 2014

Work Dairy - Depth

Evaluation: 

Depth is the distance from the top of a surface to the bottom of a surface. What I enjoyed about this section of the session was going to different areas to take photos that to me represent depth. I think that depth and perspective have a lot in common. My photos they all worked out really well.
This image has a real depth to it. By using a wide aperture  both the foreground and the background are in focus. I also turned the image ion its side to give an interesting feel to the shot. At first glance the wall looks like a pavement. Its not until you study the shot that you realise that its actually a wall.

The thing I like about this is how it starts of small and then gets narrower and narrower until it seems to disappear into bushes at the back of the picture. I would like to do this with more photos because I like how it sort of disappears into the background.

Progression:

If I were to continue this then I would try to get some photos of depth in unusual place and in some unusual circumstances. For example I would like to get a photo of depth that went either in to a heavily forested area or in to a misty area or both of them put together. 

The thing I like about this photo is that it has cherry blossom in
it which is my favourite and it also covers an old rusted bridge
 that disappears of into to the cherry blossom with the effect of depth.

The thing I like about his photo is how the woodland pathway
is circular and how it has a circular depth to it. I also like
how the trees contain the are of depth so it does't get out of
control.

No comments:

Post a Comment